Did you know that 94% of mobile users have looked up a business at some point and that nearly 61% of them use their phone to search for local businesses regularly?
Even more impressive, HubShoutâ€™s latest mobile survey recently found out that 78% percent of responders have found a business they didnâ€™t know about previously while searching on their phone.
We know that being found is important, but offering the right information is also crucial. In fact, 39% of people surveyed said they would look for a similar business if the mobile site did not offer the right information. In simple terms, that means a small business could potentially lose close to half of their potential customers if they don’t have decent mobile site!
What is a decent mobile site? According to survey participants, here are a few must haves:
- Business hours easily found.
- Phone number and address located on the first screen. Visitors need to be able to click-to-call and click-to-map.
- Menu of product and services with pricing.
- Desktop website and mobile website need to offer the same content (users who found you at home and need to refer to information on the go want to be able to do so on their phone).
- Easily readable text (without pinching or zooming).
- Clickable text needs to be big enough.
- Content sized to cell phone screen.
- Speed of website.
Your business needs a well-designed mobile site and according to recent research, it can even win you a lot of new customers.
Read the full report here: http://searchenginewatch.com/sew/opinion/2429321/what-mobile-users-really-want-from-a-business-s-website